We are a rare breed, one that most don’t really understand. There is something about us that draws attention and fascinates those around us. But why? What is about us that makes us so unique and captivating? Wow, Lucky seems a little vain at the moment. Yeah, well I’ve just noticed that my…
7. The Youth at my church. Ever since I moved home from school I’ve been the go-to chaperone for youth trips and functions. I love those kids like they were my own siblings and I strive to set the best example possible for them.
6. My friend Scott. He has had a really rough and tragic life. He has family, but they aren’t very close, so he’s been on his own for a while now. He’s lost everything and has to seriously struggle for anything he has now. Yet, despite the unfortunate path his life has taken him, he still manages to find happiness and be grateful and appreciative.
5. My friend Julie. As long as I’ve known her she’s been comfortable in her own skin. She’s always had an attitude of “take me as I am.” I on the other hand am a people pleaser, and have struggled with being as comfortable with myself as she is. She’s beginning to rub off on me though.
4. North Carolina Representative Carolyn Justice. I had the honor of being her intern for two years. She is an impeccable role model for honesty, loyalty devotion and class. If I grow up to be half the woman she is, I’ll consider myself truly blessed.
3. My Parents. Gosh knows they both get on my nerves sometimes, but when I step back and look at the bigger picture I know God certainly blessed me. I hope I’ll be half the parent they are to me.
2. My Nana. She was the epitome of carpe diem. She enjoyed poker, traveling and a good drink. Her passions for traveling and good drinks definitely live on through me.
1. My Grandmother. She had a very humble upbringing and has had to work for everything she has now. She has taught me the value of hard work, perseverance, family and forgiveness. She’s been fighting liver cancer for the past year and this past week suffered a major heart attack and pneumonia but she’s determined to get well, she still has a lot of living left to do.
Somewhere in between boring and sloppy is the very place that every Southern Belle should be when attending parties. She charms everyone in the room, sings and dances, is never out of control, takes pictures with the girls, drinks with the boys, and is everyone’s favorite. This is only acceptable place to be.